Week 5, January 13, 2018. Our second Studio visit before class, discussion of selfies in class and twitter chat. Selfies as art?
Announcement Week 5.0: Looking into (and out from) the Selfie
Set up and connect from Kean side.
Links to have open in tabs
- Announcement: Looking into (and out from) the Selfie http://netnarr.arganee.world/week-5-0/
- Tweetchat- set up and connect for netnarr tag http://tweetchat.com/room/netnarr
- Emilio Vavarella Art Work http://emiliovavarella.com/
- #SelfieUnselfie video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwrbDIvuZG0
- 4:30pm Opening with discussion and experimentation with Google Arts and Culture app, tool that does facial recognition and matches art work. No one has to put their face in the app; they can use mine from the screen or any other photo image (celebrity? politician? )
- ~5:00PM Open discussion on selfies, how people engage, participate, look at others.
- 5:15-6:00 PM Twitter CHat on Selfies (led by Kelli) http://netnarr.arganee.world/chats/selfie/
- 6:00 – 6:20pm BREAK
- 6:20pm – 6:40pm recap of studio visit with Emilio Vavarella (Katherine leads); walk through of one of his projects
- 6:40-7:00pm – introduce #SelfieUnselfe project (show video) and them the assignment in the Make Bank
- 7:00 Review Checklist http://netnarr.arganee.world/checklists/week-5/